Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fosters needed

It seems like Indiana rescues have been flooded with confiscated rabbits the past year. The latest batch of 16 buns were taken from a snake breeder along with various other animals. However, IHRS fosters are still at capacity from the 300+ rabbits rescued from the former VP of the Rex Rabbit Breeders Association.

IHRS is concerned that the 16 buns will soon multiply since they were not caged separately: many of the rabbits are likely pregnant.

If you live in Indiana, or can transport some bunnies to other rescues or your own home, I know IHRS would greatly appreciate it. Unfortunately, my current living situation keeps me from fostering myself, but I will pass the news along.

You can contact IHRS on Facebook or via their website.

7 comments:

  1. I hope and pray they are successful in finding foster homes and forever homes, and definitely hope no bun is pregnant...a fools wish, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god taken from a snake breeder?this bring things to close to home,this where Speedy would have ended up if he hadn't been rescued by a friend from a animal auction,I am so going to share this on my google+ page,xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get 'em Hoosiers! You won't be sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Blabber Bun. I just found you through Speedy's blog and wanted to say hi. I'm now following your updates via Bloglovin. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, remember, there is no true happiness in life without a bunny. We wish you and the bunns the very best. Your picture at Speedy's is great. Thank you for caring about the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We shared your post and have our paws crossed the fosters you need step forward.

    ReplyDelete