Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Something to be Thankful For

Had a bit of a scare just now. Came home and Umbra refused to eat her dinner, even when I announced it in (probably bad) Spanish. After continue to meatloaf for a minute or two, she finally wandered around the room but still ignored her food. I think she was just nervous because I was just at the home of a dog we had been sitting just a few days ago. She gets jealous enough when I come home smelling other pets, but apparently we crossed a line bringing a dog into the home (we sit for her all the time but usually at her family's home, but they were having a party and didn't want her in the way.. she has a habit of peeing when excited.. and also hating tall men like my fiance).

Finally, Umbra determined the coast was clear and ate. What a relief! That would not have been the way to end and otherwise wonderful Christmas. Nevertheless I will undoubtedly be paranoid for the rest of the week.

If anything, I was reminded that the holidays are about being with those you love, not presents. And I certainly love Umbra (despite the fact that she keeps eating holes in all my tights). It funny sometimes, that I suddenly remember that she is a rabbit and not a person, but that is how I have always felt about my pets.

.. however Umbra didn't get the memo about the true meaning of Christmas, she spilled her pellets and threw some things in a fit because I didn't get her any presents (she never appreciates them anyway I guess I don't know what sort of things she is into).

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes a pet rabbit. The greatest gift of all ... (keep saying that, over and over ...)

    ReplyDelete