Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wild Encounters

So there's been a young cottontail that has been hanging around my shed. I have often startled it while it was grazing under the grape arbor, but a few days ago it decided that I wasn't all too scary and continued grazing. I ran back inside and grabbed my camera and shot a little video for you. Most of the action occurs in the first minute after that its pretty boring, except that a chipmunk sneaks up behind me but runs away when I turn to film him.



Apparently I've just been attracting a lot of wildlife lately, I had a run in with some families of Grackles (they're like crows but shinier) some and today I startled a wood chuck who was rummaging in the compost pile (this caused it to whistle at me quite loudly and I had to go to the other compost bin to avoid being attacked).

1 comment:

  1. The joys of living in the countryside something new all the time but it is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete