Thursday, February 28, 2013

Vet Visit Results

Just got back from Umbra's check up. Overall she is in good health, and I think this is a good vet. She was very knowledgeable with plenty of experience with rabbits.

The vet thinks Umbra could stand to loose about a 1/4lb. I guess I spoil her a little bit.

She also checked out Umbra's wonky toe. She didn't think it was dislocated, but definitely was injured somehow. I was right about the nerve damage tho, the vet said that this had caused muscle atrophy in the toe, but it wasn't a serious issue. I asked about the sore hock too, and she said since the callouses aren't split they should be fine.

Next, she checked Umbra's teeth. There are a few points, but I guess they aren't serious. I should have them filed in a couple years.

Overall it was a good visit. Umbra won't need to go back for a year and is happy and healthy (okay maybe not so happy at the moment but she will get over it). Umbra behaved very well too; she was a little scared but not terribly, and didn't struggle when the vet handled her and didn't growl or bite at all. She got a treat when we got home (but there will have to be less of those.. little chunk).


4 comments:

  1. hehehe I need to cut back on treats too!I have cut out one type so hopfully that will help plus I'm trying to get him out side for run time plus he likes to run a circut of all the room's of my house especialy the stairs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umbra runs laps of the hall too. We don't have stairs tho (except to the basement but shes not allowed down there, shes made some tries for it tho).

      Delete
  2. Freddie here! You boths can come over here, the HuMum thinks she's got them well stashed.. she's wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey don't give Umbra any ideas! I'm just going to cut back on the pellets. I make healthy homemade treats for Umbra.

      Delete