Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Rough night

Umbra was feeling sluggish yesterday evening. I noticed that she had just been laying around, I gave her a frozen bottle thinking maybe she was hot. She acted like she couldn't get comfortable.

Then I realized it was past suppertime and Umbra had neglected to alert me to my negligence. But when I got her food, she continued to lay in the corner instead of her usual happy-food-time dance. She didn't seem to have drank much water either; her dish was still half full as it had been since the morning. Usually I have to fill it at least once a day.

Although I was worried, I managed to go to sleep. Around 4 a.m. I woke to Umbra munching on a shoebox. She still hadn't touched her pellets, but it looked like she may have eaten some hay. I sat up with her for a while and eventually she did have a few pellets, a long drink and some more hay.

When I got up around 9:30 she had finally eaten all of her pellets and was moving around more. She seems to be back to normal but I did call the vet. I am going to be keeping her under close observation for the next week in case of anymore scares, in which case we will have to see the vet. Need to get some Critical Care just to be on the safe side.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, please, please, please be well little bunn, so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad she's feeling better. I was just going to post about Maddy's night too. I ordered some critical care also, always good to have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they always Have to give us a scare from time to time don't they?Glad Umbra is doing Better,xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep some children's simethicone handy. Ashy will get bouts of gas and act just like how just described Umbra acting.

    ReplyDelete