Sunday, July 7, 2013

So much going on!

I will do this in chronological order:

1) Tuesday Umbra flopped. Yes flops are cute but its kinda a big deal, because Umbra hasn't flopped when she is petted in over a year. She quit doing it shortly after she was spayed with the exception of the occasional post-dinner/bed-time-flop (contact with human not required).

2) I went to Bloomington to visit my big bro again, leaving Umbra in the care of my mom. Like most holidays, she was simultaneously house/dog sitting for others so Umbra didn't get much attention and she let me know it when I got home.

I, however, did get my bunny fix while on vacation. Tried to convince my brother to adopt a cat as the area human society was having a Free Feline Friday event. He didn't get a cat, but he did decide to volunteer, probably walking dogs since he doesn't have the time or space for a dog of his own right now (side note: quietest dog kennel I have ever been too, those pups got so much attention they were wiped out!). In the meantime I met the resident bunnies, who were all spayed and neutered, although they could use a little more hay. I played with a lovely Silver Fox named Bao, and plucked a patchy Rex named Beatrice. All the buns were friendly and in good shaped, not stressed out and anxious like the ones at Elkhart Humane.

Bao who is incorrectly classified as a Dutch (pics via Petfinder)


Beatrice not looking as shabby as she did in person (pics via Petfinder)
Both of these girls have bond mates and are looking for forever homes, I definitely recommend Bloomington Animal Shelter to anyone in the area looking for a bunny or other animal.

3) Since my return Umbra has been up to mischievous self. This morning she nibbled a cable connected to the T.V. causing the signal to cut out, then I found this just moments ago...


Umbra has never put one of her blankies in the litter box! This one is usually stuffed in her hidey-hole a couple feet away. What's more is she also missed the mark when she peed. I guess this is revenge for leaving.

Just so you know Umbra dear, I do hate leaving you. I miss my bunny terribly and I hate that she gets so upset when I go. If I could I would take her everywhere with me, but I'm sure she wouldn't like that a whole lot either.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you Believe it if she has a comfy enough carrier she will do just fine going on some trips with if you are able to,Speedy took to it like a duck to water he just crashed out in the carrier while we were driving,I reckon she would do the same rexies are so chilled when it comes to things like that not like Dutches and lops.my last 2 buns hated the carrier,xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I have taken her on quite a few trips whenever I was on break from school to go back home. She never seemed to enjoy it. Only on the last couple of voyages did she begin to relax enough to play with her toys, but mostly she would breath really heavy and hide in the back of the carrier. Its a catch 22 I guess; I don't know if it is more stressful for her to go with or to be apart from me for a while. =[

      Delete