Monday, March 5, 2012

good read

So since today is more of the same I'd thought I'd link you to an article from HRS about the importance of spaying and neutering, what to ask your vet (if this is the first time taking you're bunny to the doctor), and what to expect after the the procedure.

The last part is why I dug this up. I've been told I act like an overprotective, first-time-mom with Umbra (and it's probably true), and I was worried that I had ruined our bond by getting her spayed (I won't say that I regret it; if you read the article you will learn there are a lot of health and behavioral benefits). I have now been assured that Umbra is a typical case of a grumpy post-spay bun, and I can't really blame her;  invasive surgery has a pretty significant effect on anyone (for a bun I imagine it's the human equivalent of being abducted and probed by aliens).

On a side note- Umbra did greet me this morning by honking (bunny mating call for those who are just learning bunny lingo). She did growl later, but we are making progress, I just hope that honking is all the horny bun behavior she displays. My carpet (newly installed when I moved into my apartment) doesn't have many more corners for Umbra to dig/shred up, and my roommate wasn't too happy about Umbra using her couches as a litter box.

So, with no further adieu, click here to read what HRS has to say about altering.

No comments:

Post a Comment